Intelligence (intelligence quotient, abbreviated IQ) is a general term used to describe the nature of the mind which includes a number of capabilities, such as the ability to reason, plan, solve problems, think abstractly, comprehend ideas, using language and learning. Intelligence is closely related to cognitive abilities possessed by individuals. Intelligence can be measured using psychometric tools are commonly referred to as IQ tests. There are also suggestions that IQ is a mental age of human beings based on the comparison of chronological age.
- Word Smart. Intelligence is characterized by the tendency of children like reading, writing, speaking, and listening. If found signs like this, the parents can stimulate this intelligence with activities such as storytelling, reading together, or dialogue with children.
- Self-Smart. When children who like to play yourself, know what you want to be when you grow up, have a strong sense of confidence. Their ingenuity will shine when often talk about their feelings and opinions about a variety of things. Or invited to perform activities that are reflective like yoga.
- Body Smart. For children who love to make things with their hands, touch and observe objects in the vicinity, maybe he has a kind of cleverness smart body. Parents can stimulate their game of the block or physical activities such as sports and dancing.
- Nature Smart. When children usually love being in nature, like the animals, can classify the plant, and care for the natural environment. Inviting children walks in the wild can parents do to help stimulate this type of intelligence.
- Number Smart. In addition, there are also children who are interested in numbers, math, science, and matters related to logic. If so, then the child has a number of smart types of intelligence. Activities parents can do to stimulate this kind of intelligence of which invite children to play monopoly, visiting museums and etc.
- Picture Smart. Which is marked with the child’s interest in drawing, like imagination, and play to build something.
- Music Smart. Which is characterized by the tendency of children love to sing, shake the body to the rhythm, and listen to music. For these parents can encourage children to sing or play music together to stimulate the ingenuity of this music field.
- People Smart. When children usually love to play with her friends, have empathy, like lead and could understand the feelings of others. Not a child may not have more than one type of this cleverness. If so, then the parents need to pay attention to which of all kinds of ingenuity that children like and are interested in depth. All children have the roots in these eight types of intelligence. Over time, some do stand out beforehand. We can only observe and develop where the kids interested.